The PricewaterhouseCoopers Global Information Communication practice provides a complete range of professional services to companies and individuals in communications industries across the globe, tailored to specific local requirements.
Our specialists serve as tax advisers, consultants, financial advisers and auditors to wireless and wireline service providers, competitive access providers, Internet service providers, global satellite consortia and telecom equipment suppliers.
Drawing on our accumulated experience, we have anticipated and met the challenges of global regulatory change, and have helped our clients deal with the impact of industry convergence and e-business.
We continue to add measurable value to our client relationships through our leadership and innovation, which are evident in our evolving services and products.
Our dedicated industry experts, extensive alliance partnerships, proven methodologies and centres of excellence are geared towards understanding today's critical business issues and addressing emerging challenges to leverage tomorrow's vast opportunities.
Experience in telecommunications
We are recognised around the world for our leadership, innovation and service.
PricewaterhouseCoopers is the world's most experienced telecoms auditor. Our dedicated InfoComm Practice brings to our clients a depth of resources, range of expertise and scope of proven solutions.
Our telecoms clients account for approximately 40% of revenues in the industry worldwide. While size and market share do not solely define leadership, these factors reflect the success we have had in serving our clients of all sizes in the telecommunications industry. We audit more major telecoms companies than any other firm worldwide.
As a firm globally, we act as:
These clients represent over 40% of the revenues of the Fortune Global 500 telecommunication companies.
Each year we invest a significant amount of time and effort into thought leadership within the InfoComm sector. We do the following:
- Auditors to 30% of the Fortune Global 500 telecommunication companies;
- Auditors to 40% of the Top 30 European telecommunication companies; and
- Auditors (either alone or jointly) to eight of the top 24 Fortune Global 500 telecommunication companies.
Our Regional Telecom Fixed Line CFO Roundtable brings together senior telecom finance executives from fixed-line operators and PricewaterhouseCoopers partners to share ideas and best practices, and to discuss and debate the short-term and long-term challenges facing CFOs and their companies.
The interactive format of these conferences facilitates both peer dialogue and thought leadership exchanges.
Our Telecom Tax Executive Roundtable is a biannual meeting of senior tax executives from telecom companies around the world. The Roundtables include panels comprising PricewaterhouseCoopers partners and industry executives who share information and experiences and look at how technology and regulation are impacting the industry.
- Conduct in-depth research on evolving InfoComm industry issues;
- Conduct joint seminars between our firm and our InfoComm clients on business, information systems, and management issues;
- Develop InfoComm industry training programmes and information platforms to ensure a consistently high level of understanding of key industry technical issues, trends and events;
- Perform annual benchmarking studies;
- Continue to expand our experience in the InfoComm industry by focusing on:
- Analysis and planning of new services and technologies;
- Integration of 'wired' and 'wireless' voice and data communications; and
- Development of telecommunications business strategies to address the fast-changing consumer market.