Accounting and Payroll Services
Dedicated to your long-term success
Our accounting and tax compliance services include a number of offerings that are particularly useful to privately owned companies and their owners. Our services will ensure that the business owner is left to focus on running their business, while we take care of their accounting work, including:
- Writing up the cash book
- Preparing the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Accounting of purchases and expenses (including supplier general ledger)
- Accounting of income from the relevant system
- Maintaining an asset register, which includes:
- documenting of all the assets according to their asset category;
- calculating depreciation on a monthly basis according to Practice Note 19 of the SARS
- Preparing a balance sheet and income statement on a monthly basis for management purposes, and
- Preparing VAT returns.
We also provide these services to business owners in their personal capacity, as well as to trusts. Our services include the compilation of personal financial statements, personal tax returns, and tax compliance services, namely:
- Submission of provisional tax returns
- Obtaining extensions if necessary
- Preparing the year-end tax return
- Checking the final tax assessment.
We also provide secretarial services and will act as your registered office for: the storage of your secretarial records; the preparation of the required documentation and minutes relating to the company’s annual general meeting; additional ad hoc secretarial duties e.g. the appointment and resignation of directors, and any changes in shareholding.
Our payroll services include:
- Preparation of the payroll on a monthly basis
- Furnishing salary advices to employees
- Electronic payment of net salaries to individual employees
- Providing detailed reports of earnings, deductions and leave
- Calculation of amounts due for PAYE, SDL and UIF
- Issuing of IRP5s at tax year-end
- Calculating the payroll taxes
- Advise on the amount payable to the SARS in respect of PAYE and SITE
- Prepare the annual IRP5 returns of employees who have been administered on the payroll during the tax year
- Manage communication from the SARS and other institutions relating to the payroll
- Submit reports to assist with returns received from the Compensation Commissioner
- Advise of the amount payable to the UIF, and submit the UIF report to this Fund
- Advise of the amount payable to the SARS in respect of Skills Levy.