Valuing all or part of a business requires understanding and analysis of a variety of complex factors. These include both detailed technical knowledge of value drivers and in-depth industry knowledge.
- Valuing all or part of a business requires input from a variety of specialist advisers who need to understand the value drivers relevant to a particular industry sector alongside the broader strategic aims of the business.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition or alliance it is vital to understand the value likely to be created through the transaction.
- Understanding the value of the business is the first step required in a Black Economic Empowerment (“BEE”) transaction, so a detailed valuation is often required in this regard.
- In the event of a dispute, an independent valuation is likely to help resolve issues swiftly.
- Operating internationally means that an understanding of the issues driving valuations in different countries is essential. Applying a common methodology across all countries generates a more reliable view of an international business’s value.